Today, while painting, I had a very wonderful feeling about the materials as I worked. Sometimes oil paint can feel like very heavy stuff to manipulate on the canvas. But today , as I laid a little bit of yellow into some deep purple, it seemed to move on its own. Then I had this thought, “the pigments come from the earth, the medium comes from plants (linseed oil) and trees (turpentine) and the brushes are made from trees and hair or plant fibers. It’s all alive. It’s all connected. I am like a channel using these tools from the earth, allowing something very deep and beyond words to flow through me and out onto the canvas. Painting continues to be an important part of my spiritual journey. Today was a high point on that journey.
- Are We Made of Star Dust?
- Our Long Connection to Horses
- A Ritual to Yemaya – Mother Whose Children are the Fish
- The Healing Power of Gratitude
- Winter Of Our Souls
- The Turning Seasons – Transformation
- Goddess Oracle Cards – Coming Soon
- Andee: the non-gods of Ireland
- Badb, Goddess of Life and Death
- Celtic Goddess Oracle Cards