Today, while painting, I had a very wonderful feeling about the materials as I worked. Sometimes oil paint can feel like very heavy stuff to manipulate on the canvas. But today , as I laid a little bit of yellow into some deep purple, it seemed to move on its own. Then I had this thought, “the pigments come from the earth, the medium comes from plants (linseed oil) and trees (turpentine) and the brushes are made from trees and hair or plant fibers. It’s all alive. It’s all connected. I am like a channel using these tools from the earth, allowing something very deep and beyond words to flow through me and out onto the canvas. Painting continues to be an important part of my spiritual journey. Today was a high point on that journey.
- On Mothers – For Mother’s Day
- Why Eat Breakfast?
- Corrales, NM – Where the Past and Present Meet
- Night Turns To Day
- Kiss the Leaves
- Seeking A Balance – Darkness and Light
- Love of Humanity – Love Drives Out Hate – Post 26
- Only Love Conquers Hate – Post 25
- Radiant Otherworld – Love Drives Out Hate – Day 24
- Gardens Create Community as Love Drives Out Hate – Day 23